St. Charles Apartments

There is no gallery selected or the gallery was deleted.

Located on a prominent corner in downtown Seattle, the six-story mixed-use building houses St. Charles Apartments, services for the formerly homeless, and a commercial café. Originally built as a hotel in 1913, the building underwent a year-long rehabilitation that included major seismic improvements, fire/life safety upgrades, new heating, ventilation, and electrical systems and the addition of a residential community area. The exterior facades and interior common areas, including the lobby and corridors, were brought back to their original splendor by retaining and restoring historic materials.

 

  • Client: 
  • Location: 
  • Program: 
  • Highlights: